Thursday, November 16, 2006

Still here and still doing well

I think I've reached the point in my WLJ that it's just become the normal day to day stuff. It's been....let's see...almost eight months since starting the journey. I never dreamed that I'd have almost 65 lbs gone by the week before Thanksgiving.

I'm not as "anal" as I was about the program when I started (a few of those bites, licks and tastes don't wind up on my journal). However, I am still having to consciously make decisions about what and when I stuff my face.

For example, this morning I took my girls to Dunkin Donuts---mmmm. Now, this used to be a regular stop for me. My breakfast of choice? Onion bagel and Mocha Coolatta. It has been ages since I've had a coolatta and it was calling my name LOUDLY today.

I had a great WI this morning (as you can see in my progress chart over there) and on WI day, my flex points reset. I certainly could have had the coolatta and bagel. But, I knew it would take a good chunk of my points for the day and I didn't want to break into the extras just so I can eat dinner. If I'm gonna use the FPs, it better be for something good!!

So, I passed on the drive-thru. My girls are happily eating their donuts, and I went home to my OJ, lite bread toast and bowl of cheerios.

And it was delicious!

So, the decisions are still tough, but making the right choice is a little easier.

No comments: