Sunday, May 27, 2007

THUMP THUMP THUMP

The noise you just heard is the echoes of my fat ass falling off the wagon weeks ago. I have no excuse, although I came up with plenty:

  • I was packing to move
  • I was living in a hotel for a week or so
  • I was unpacking and getting settled

Whatever.

The scale has launched upward. The grand irony in all of this is that for the first time in ages, I'm actually exercising more than I ever have! I joined the local Y here and am going 3x a week--doing cardio and strength traning. Yet, I continue to stuff my face. Why?

Because I'm an addict and even though I've been doing this for well over a year, it doesn't mean that I can't get careless with the food. I almost wish I could be like the alcoholic who has to stay away from the stuff all together.

But, that goes back to that all or nothing mentality again. Will I ever learn?

So, I'm going to back to the drawing board and seeing if I can fully extract from my head from my ass and my hand from my mouth.

And, one of the steps is to keep up with this blog again.

I'm back...I'm scared, but I can do this...

1 comment:

green grass gal said...

CLAP CLAP CLAP

That is the sound of me applauding you for taking the necessary steps to get back on the wagon! You can do this, lady!

I am so glad you are posting on your blog again. :) I have missed your entries, and I am looking forward to reading about your future successes as your WLJ continues. You are my inspiration, Marie. From one food addict to another, I totally understand what it's like to wish you could just walk away from food and not look back. It would make things a helluva lot easier... We will get things under control again though.